Latest News

الاثنين، 26 فبراير 2018

The Most Important Thing I Did After My Heart Attack, According to Survivors

Check your cholesterol

The-Most-Important-Thing-I-Did-After-My-Heart-Attack-According-to-Survivors

Though he was the picture of health on the outside, Bob Harper, The Biggest Loser Star and celebrity personal trainer, collapsed in the gym at 51. “I was on the ground dead,” he said on the TODAY show. His biggest lesson from surviving a heart attack? “Know what is going on with your body from the inside out—just because you look healthy on the outside, doesn’t mean you aren’t at risk,” he tells Reader’s Digest. “The genetic issue that I have relates to my cholesterol. It is called Lipoprotein(a).When you go to the doctor to get your cholesterol checked, make sure that he or she doesn’t only check your HDL and your LDL, but also your Lp(a).” Harper has since created Survivors Have Heart program to raise awareness about heart disease. Learn more about medical tests for the silent symptoms of heart disease.

The post The Most Important Thing I Did After My Heart Attack, According to Survivors appeared first on Reader's Digest.



from Reader's Digest http://ift.tt/2FA9XOU

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Recent Post